No, Not Now
Took my gal to The Picture Show, Just The Other Day
But when I tried to hold her hand; here’s what she hat to say
Chorus:
No, not now – No, not now
No, not now, but may be next week, somehow
[...]
Non, il ne s’agit pas ici de la chanson de Pink Floyd, mais d’un rengaine humoristique un peu grinçante (écrite par Hank Williams , Mel Foree, etCurly Williams), sur un thème on ne peut plus classique, qui vaut cependant le détour pour la gouaille et le ton enjoué de l’artiste. Selon les interprètes et les versions, elle est mi-parlée, mi-chantée (certains ne chantent que la fin du refrain : « but may be next week, somehow »).
Not Now
with my girlfriend at the art gallery the other day
I wanted to take her hand and she said bluntly
Chorus:
"Not maint'nant not but no,
maint'nant No, but later perhaps wait "
Then, on the doorstep, I tried kiss
But she turned and said, stiffly
(Chorus)
I asked her to marry, but She said:
"I don 't'épous'rai not, even if everyone else was dead"
(Chorus)
But she changed her mind. As I regret this day!
For since we got married, she always repeats,
Guess!
(Chorus)
I went out too late last night a party with friends
When I asked him to open, here's what she said
Here's what she told me
(Chorus)
(Traduction - Adaptation : Polyphrène)
0 comments:
Post a Comment