Saturday, January 22, 2011

Homeopathy For Ovarian Cancer

Kisses Sweeter Than Wine

Well, when I was a young man and never had been kissed
I got to thinkin' it over how much I had missed
So I got me a girl and I kissed her and then, and then
Oh, lord, well I kissed 'er again


Because she HAD Kisses Sweeter than Wine
She HAD, mmm, mmm, Kisses Sweeter than Wine
(Sweeter than wine)
[...]




From a traditional Irish song (Drimmin 'Down ") Pete Seeger (for words) and Lead Belly (for music), although they belonged to the group "The Weavers " made the song the pace lively and playful (officially credited to the pseudonymous "Joel Newman" for the words and "Paul Campbell" for music ) which was one of the great success of Jimmie Rodgers . This song was covered by several artists, including " Peter, Paul & Mary " with superb arrangements but your wiser version of Jimmie Rodgers, the more mischievous.
This tale of a hard life and happy is not without a certain nostalgia quickly offset the force rejuvenation of happy memories.
I live this experience every day when passing through that displays photos of my children, I can not help but smile despite my suffering, intensely reliving the moments family happiness, and back in time ... before the death of their mother.




Kisses Sweeter Than Wine


By becoming a young man, I realized
That I have never received a kiss
I found a girl and I kissed her, then, then
My God, kissed her again


Because her kisses were more sweeter than wine
kissing, mmm, mmm, sweeter than wine
Sweeter than wine


Wanting the marry, I told him my love
I promised happiness to the end of today
I pleaded, I begged, naturally and much
Well, hop, my God, she gave me her hand


Because his kisses were sweeter than wine
kissing, mmm, mmm, sweeter than wine
Sweeter than wine


my wife as much as I think we worked hard
Hand in hand, for a better fate
wheat fields came in the bread bowl
Then, hop, my God, I was father of twins


Because his kisses were sweeter than wine
kissing, mmm, mmm, sweeter than Wine
Sweeter than wine


Thus, children, we had four
With a big heart who only wanted to beat
All of them were married, and never hesitate
So hop, my God, I was eight times grandfather


Because his kisses were sweeter than wine
Kisses, mmm, mmm, sweeter than wine
Sweeter than wine


Now that I am old, the end awaits
I think what happened so long ago
With so many children, so many worries and miseries
Yes but, hop, my God, I'm ready to redo


Because his kisses were sweeter than wine
kissing, mmm, mmm, sweeter than wine
Sweeter than wine


(Translation - Adaptation: Polyphrène)

0 comments:

Post a Comment