Saturday, February 19, 2011

Female Suitcase Piercing

When I'm Sixty-Four



This Song ( Paul McCartney / John Lennon , Beatles ) was written by Paul McCartney when he was 16. Although it takes a bit as a parody, poking fun (with respect and affection) the ragtime played by his father (who had precisely 64 years when it was recorded) , this song just touches describing the "little things" that seem the most mundane of life and actually contain the greatest love. This letter from a young lover, in his naive formalism, is apparently the opposite of Romanticism, but it is, somehow, visionary. When the weather made us live dramas and denying our hopes, is the prospect of this old joint, nourished by love and memories, we miss the most.
"Old Friends " sang Paul Simon ...


At sixty-four years

When I'm old
Losing my ch'veux
In quite a few years
Fêteras you always Valentine
Birthday, bottle of wine?

If I went to an ungodly hour
would open you up?
M'espéreras you, you feed me
At sixty-four?

you get older like me
But if you say the word
I stay with you

I defer electricity
If the seals jumping
You sew the the fireplace
Saturday we would prom'ner

Doing the garden, planting lettuce
We do not want both
M'espéreras you, you feed me
A sixty-four?

the summer we rent, if c 'is not too expensive
A small villa near the Wed
We will spare
For our grandchildren
That lull us

by letter or telephone, will you
say your point of view
Indicates what you mean exactly
Greetings, your old crumbling

On a form, answer, do you
Let me in long
M'espéreras you, you feed me
At sixty-four?

(Translation - Adaptation: Polyphrène)


PS: Jason Reeves sang in a French adaptation sister title "In 45 years, "but I could not find the lyrics on the web.

0 comments:

Post a Comment