Memories
Frankie Lane, he WAS singing Jezebel I pinned
year Iron Cross to my lapel
I Walked up to The Tallest Girl And The Blondest
I Said, Look, you do not know me very soon now to You Will
So Will not You Let Me See
I Said "Will not you let me see"
I Said "Will not you let me see
Your naked body?"
[...]
On a very fast dance and a bit unexpected from Leonard Cohen, this song (words and music of Leonard Cohen , arrangements Phil Spector ) recounts a memory of "drag" Teenager in a box while passing the song Wayne Shanklin " Jezebel", popularized in English by Frankie Laine , and France by Charles Aznavour and Edith Piaf. Inspired by the biblical character, the song "Jezebel evokes the consuming passion for a woman whose irresistible attraction lies a devilish soul. Leonard Cohen song described her as a "time capsule" in which he placed the memories of the episode the most banal and most insignificant of his teenage spotty ... by adding humorously that this is probably a commonplace this song will be eternal. The "Cross of Iron", German military decoration, known as "Cross of Prussia," was then a symbol worn by the "hard" or those who wanted to pass for such. He also remembers the fascination of this cult and he vowed then (already) to femininity, "the elusive butterfly."
Memories
We played "Jezebel" by Frankie Laine
In my backhand, I put a Prussian Cross
The largest and most blonde girls
I approached I said " You don 't know me but it does not go now "
So you let me see"
I said "So you let me see" I
said "So you let me see Your naked body
? "
" Towards a corner of shadow dance with me
I may let thee do anything
I know you greedy, I hear it in your voice
And there is much to touch on my body: you have the choice
But you can not see "
She says" You can not see "
She says" You can not see My naked body
"
We dance, tight, Stardust on the orchestra plays
Balloons and streamers floating above us
She says "More than a minute to fall in love"
"It is such moments I call all my wishes
And all my faith to see "
I said" All my faith to see "
I said" All my faith to see Her naked body
"
(Translation - Adaptation: Polyphrène)
0 comments:
Post a Comment