The Guests
One by one, The Guests arrive
The guests are coming-through
The open-hearted many
The broken-hearted few
And no one knows where the night is going
And no one knows why the wine is flowing
Oh love, I need you
I need you
I need you
I need you
Oh, I need you now
Bien que dominée par une forme d’onirisme mystique et eschatologique, cette chanson, est, selon Léonard Cohen lui-même, inspirée des écrits d’un poète persan du 13ème siècle . It expresses the feelings, buried deep in our soul, a longing, an aspiration that we can not discern the object. Sometimes - rarely - a door opens our minds for a moment and thought he noticed in a flood of light, the very purpose of this expectation. In the works of this poet, it is symbolized by a banquet that would bring souls to their master's table (or Creator?). The words employed by Leonard Cohen here allow mystical to see the "Last Judgement" by which "elected" will go and sit at the right hand of the master, echoing an evocation of the Last Supper. The others may stay in a more literal interpretation, holding that need love and proclaims that fusional hammered Leonard Cohen ( Love Oh, I need you ... ). All, however, recognize the brilliance of this strange feeling and transcendent, from time to time, pierces the heart.
Hosts
One by one, guests advance
Guests are entering
Many hearts confidence
Some victims
hearts And nobody knows where the night goes And nobody knows
why wine flows
Love, I want you I want you
I want you I want you
Oh, I want you, there
And those who dance between dance Those who weep
implore
"Come in, my hosts' a voice lance
"Do not stay outside"
And nobody knows ... And everyone will
, tottering around
confined
Secretly Saying "Reveal yourself, or
" Why hast thou forsaken ? "
And nobody knows ...
Then shine the torches
opens the back door
One by one, they cross
In all forms of passion
And nobody knows ...
And while they take their feast
walls melt suddenly
Guests are thrown one by one
Outside the garden
And no one knows ...
Those who dance come dance Those who mourn
implore those who are hopeless
Getting lost and losing still
And no one knows ...
One by one, guests advance
Guests are entering
Many hearts confidence
Some victims
hearts And nobody knows ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment