No Other Name
Know Me By the Light of a fire shinin 'bright,
Know me by your bed where i' ve lain
Know me, and You Might,
If just for a night
You'll know me by No Other Name.
[...]
dark and mysterious song, Noel Paul Stookey of , beautifully sung by " Peter, Paul & Mary " on the theme of loneliness and anonymity of one who "has no name" that misery, no country other than wandering, no other destiny than abandonment.
No other name
Look me in the light of a home that shines
Look me in the bed where we slept
See me as I am
Just for one night only you will know
not my name
Other girls offer you a Tiara
Others offer valuable works
Others say "I love you" Others
my face
Other offer gold
(A) sleeping baby
I offer qu'affliction
You see me, you can guess,
In the lee of hills
You will not know my name
Others die for of currency
Others die for love
Others die as they were born
Other dying every day
Alone I die far from my home
Without answers to your questions
The stone on my head Do
tell a date
She will not know my name
She will not know my name
(Translation - Adaptation: Polyphrène)
0 comments:
Post a Comment