America
Let Us Be Lovers, we'll marry o fortunes together I've got some
real estate here in my bag
So We Bought A Pack of cigarettes and Mrs.. Wagner's pies
And We Walked off to look for America
[...]
Among the songs sung by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, "America " n is not the most popular or the one that had the greatest success, then it is most notable for the poetic, evocative power, and the melodic quality. One perceives in the words exchanged between passengers en route to New York, all the emotion, shame and anxiety of young lovers. Tentatively, they mimic the children they believe no longer, and hold their hands when their souls are looking for. Parties "discover" America, they meet their dual solitude and fragility of their hopes.
It emerges from this song ( inspired, apparently, the autobiography of Paul Simon ) an infinite tenderness for this stage of life where the hearts are their first steps, and a great nostalgia, fueled by precise evocations of a certain "American" (Mrs. Wagner's pies, Saginaw, Michigan, the highway to New York's buses "Greyhound" ...).
America
Let our two lovers and fortunes will be married in my bag I
real estate securities
We ach'té cigarettes
And some tarts
And went out to discover America
All riding in a bus in Pittsburgh, I said "Cathy
Michigan seems like a dream seen by
Four days to hitchhike from Saginaw I
it took me just to discover America"
To laughter, trip, jokingly
on the faces She said the man in black coat was a spy I said
" He hides a camera in his bow tie "
" Pass me a cigarette, I think there's one in the Mac "
" We smoked earlier last "I looked
the scenery, she read a magazine
In the moonlight the fields of sight
"I'm lost," I said to Cathy, who was sleeping beside me
"I'm gutted I'm in pain without knowing why"
On the road to New Jersey traffic counting
They are all here to discover America All
here to discover America
On the road to New Jersey, Cash Traffic
They are all here to discover America All
here to discover America
0 comments:
Post a Comment